The 71st Annual Al Chymia Shrine Circus is going on February 27-March 2, 2014. This doesn’t seem to be the most well publicized event, so I figured passing along the info would be a good idea.
Shriners is an international men’s fraternity with over 360,000 members. They are best known for the 22 non-profit Shriners Hospitals for Children they administer, and their red fez hats. They have a traveling circus, with proceeds from ticket sales going to their organization.
Here’s what the moms had to say:
- its good, long but good
- it was fun! my son enjoyed it last year…not huge, but def entertaining! =)
- We took my son when he was almost 4. The clown car had a backfire that sounded like a shotgun, scared my child so much we had to leave. That was a couple years ago, not sure if it’s still the same.
- I took my kids for 20 years and supported the shriners at the same time, it was a joy to do and fun for all while doing it . I highly recommend it for everyone
- The elephant rides are awesome
- we have went since my child was a little over a year old. He loves it, and it supports the Shriners, tickets are 10 each at the door.
- I would take extra money though. They really guilt you into buying those light up toys, the food is expensive of course, and before it starts and during intermission they have elephant and pony rides and big slides for the kids, but all of it costs extra. Still a good time, and all proceeds go to a good cause. AND you can tell they take good care of the animals, unlike some other circuses. These animals are good and healthy looking.
- Went last night. It was okay, the kids had fun!
- We went last night at had a blast. Yes I would take extra money though cause the elephant rides are $10 a pop, the pony rides are $7 a pop, the bouncy slide is $1 a slide and the light up toys range from $7-$15 and shirts are $5 but well worth it and its for a good cause also!!
- We went last night! So much fun! My daughter is 3, and loved it. Shirts are $5, blow up characters are $10, lights are $8-$18, pony ride (my daughters favorite) $7, charged me $5 for ONE slide on the bouncy slide, food is high of course. But overall, worth every penny! Great cause and fun to watch. I agree that the animals look very happy and healthy! GO!
- Pay for the elephant ride, but buy a light up toy beforehand at Dollar Tree. They let us take ours in with us last time, no problem.
- I wasnt impressed that there were too many acro performances. the circus used to have more animal showings!
Agicenter Showplace Arena
Thursday, February 27 & Friday, February 28 at 10am& 7pm
Saturday, March 1 at 10am, 2pm & 7pm
Sunday, March 2 at 2pm & 6:30pm