Looking for some free (or nearly free) activities this summer? Check out this list, and make sure you check the EMM Calendar for other free (and cheap) events each week.
Register at KidsBowlFree.com to receive two free games of bowling every day this summer. Good at FunQuest, Cordova, Andy B’s, Winchester and Billy Hardwicks
Register at KidsSkateFree.com (via a PC, not mobile device) to receive a weekly email pass good for specific sessions (on the EMM Calendar) to the Cordova Skate Center (EMM Review) and other area rinks.
Time Warp Wednesday
The Morton Museum of Collierville History is offering a free history program that will transport kids to the Wolf River, prehistoric Collierville, the Civil War, and turn of the century Collierville with lots of hands-on fun, learning, and discovery. Ages 6-12 every Wednesday in June and July at 10am and 1pm. Registration is required, 901-457-2650 or [email protected] Calendar
Visit a Museum
- Sign up for your free summer pass (good for 30 days) to The Pink Palace & The Lichterman Museum, or pay $5 and get a pass for the entire summer. You have to sign up in May. Forget to sign up? Both are still free on Tuesdays from 1pm-close. EMM Review of the Pink Palace
- The Memphis Zoo is free for TN residents on Tuesdays from 2pm-close.
- The Dixon Gallery & Gardens has “pay what you can” on Tuesdays from 10am-5pm and it’s totally free Saturdays from 10am-noon.
- The National Civil Rights Museum is free from 3pm-closing on Mondays
- The Brooks Museum is “pay what you can” on Wednesdays from 10am-4pm
- Wade in the model Mississippi River at Mud Island and watch the barges – it’s free to visit the outdoor portions. EMM Review
Knowledge Tree, library branches, Barnes and Noble and The Booksellers at Laurelwood all offer free storytimes for little ones. Visit the EMM Calendar for dates and times.
Summer Reading Program Activities
All of the area libraries offer a free Summer Reading Program for kids and adults. Sign ups typically start in June. There are a lot of free activities (movies, performances, crafts) each week and prizes for reading. Stop by your local branch to register and check it out! More info here.
Go and visit the ducks at The Peabody. Check this post for recommended area restaurants.
Visit a Park
Here are parks the moms recommend
Attend a Free Concert or Movie
Levitt Shell, the City of Germantown, Overton Square, Carriage Crossing and the City of Bartlett all offer free outdoor concerts and movies. Malco Theaters offers a $2 kid movie at select locations on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Check the EMM Calendar for upcoming dates and times.
Lego Club Meeting
Visit one of the area Knowledge Tree stores for their Saturday Lego Club meeting. Select Saturdays. Free, but space is limited. Call or email to register.
Vacation Bible School
Most programs are free! Check them out here.