Here’s a shout out to some of the great stylists in East Memphis (and beyond)….please add a comment if you’d like to chime in!
Studio Stacey Salon
80 Tillman St # 203 Memphis, TN
Tara Alexander at Studio Stacey Salon 458-7368 she is at Poplar and Tilman
High Point Salon
473 High Point Terrace Memphis, TN
- Jessica at High Point Salon. 458-7189. She is the best and is very good at making your hair look great when you don’t know what you want. She is also excellent at color. She charges $20 for a cut. Love her because she also knows how to cut curly hair which I have. Hard to find someone who knows how to cut curls. She has a true gift for cutting hair.
Jessica from High Point Salon cut my hair, and I’m very happy with the results. She had good and practical suggestions for how to cut the hair and for how to take care of it afterwards. I used to believe that you only get a great cut if you pay a high price, but she just proved me wrong. I definitely recommend her!
- I tried Jessica at High Point Salon and she was great. Thank you for recomendation. Later I scheduled an appt. for my 4 year old and Jessica was so sweet and wasn’t in a hurry.
- I also used Jessica to cut my daughter’s curly hair, and she did a wonderful job
Pavo Salon & Spa
- Pavo does a great job but they are pricey. Hair is definitely one of those “get what you pay for” things, I’ve had some awful cuts! I’ll spend a little more and go less often.
- Anna at Pavo is fantastic! She does it all as well. I’ve been going to her for the last year and I get compliments on my hair all the time.
- Mary Cullen at Pavo is great!!
Ella David Salon
- Lindsey Stewart at Ella david in g-tow
- Dell McElroy also at Ella David salon in gtown. She is the only one who has touched my hair for the past 13 years. And I’ve had all extremes (very long, very short) and everything in between.
- Shawn Whitworth Ware @ Ella David, she is AMAZING!
- Shawn Ware at Ella David in Germantown. She is amazing! Great colorist, haircuts, and outrageous updos
- Susan Hurt at Ella David salon. She’s the best. First hairdresser I’ve ever found that doesn’t push me to straighten my hair and she does an incredible job.
- Highly recommend Susan Hurt at Ella-David in Germantown. She really knows color, subtle or an entirely new look.
- Kirby at Daniel Shay’s!!! They are awesome
- April at Daniel Shay’s. You can’t go wrong with any of the stylists! They are all terrific.
- Daniel Shay’s is AWESOME.
- Devin Demond @ Daniel Shays!!! They use Tocco hair color love it!!! 309-0330
- emily at daniel shays is awesome!
Great Lengths Hair Salon
- Brooke Ansley at Great Lengths does a fantastic job with cut and color for me!
- For curly haired girls! Brooke Ansley, with Great Lengths Salon, is a Deva certified stylist. She’s great and the salon was voted Best in Memphis 2013!
House of Aglaia
- Our stylist, the amazing Natalie Stiver, has opened her own salon in Germantown, House of Aglaia. It’s beautiful, and she’s still amazing.
- I get my “blonde” from Natalie, and honestly, it’s worth every penny. I justify the cost in that I only need the highlights done about twice a year. I’ve done them myself and on the cheap, and oh…I looked a mess!
- LOVE Natalie! She is the best!!!
New You Salon
- Mandy W. Castellaw at New You salon
- Shalein Hamilton at New You Salon and Spa is awesome.
Gould’s Day Spa & Salon
several area locations
- Deborah Parker at Gould’s Park Place is amazing! I get some great compliments about my hair and cut thanks to her. She listens to what you want, makes appropriate suggestions and is incredibly knowledgeable. She’s also great with kids cuts!
- Ellen White at Goulds at carriage crossing! Amazing at coloring, cutting and helping you decide something.
Fringe Hair Company
- Gretchen Campbell at Fringe is great! She does it all. And very sweet and easy to talk to to boot
- Krystal Baretta at Fringe Hair Company in Germantown
- Jill Smith at Fringe is great! She really has talent and knows what she is doing. Years of experience. Fringe is located in Germantown above DSW and Holiday Ham, Pet Co,
Studio La Rue
Studio La Rue hands down. On Wheelis, near Sanderlin. Norma, the owner. Blow dry it yourself and save $$.
Oak Court Salon
- Sandy Mills: Works at Oak Court Salon. Customer of hers for 20+ Years. I love her! Great Colors, Cuts, and stylist! Has a great personality.
SANDY MILLS at Oak Court Salon in East Memphis is WONDERFUL. She is very reasonably priced and she treats you like a VIP!! She cares very much about your satisfaction. Sandy is up do date with all the latest styles and she is an AMAZING colorist. Her hours are flexible and she is such a lovely person.
I have been going to Sandy Mills at Oak Court Salon for over 20 years. She is awesome! I can walk in, sit down, and say do what you want and know I will leave satisfied. Love her and highly recommend her!
Always Possible Salon (formerly known as Hi Gorgeous)
Larry at hi Gorgeous is Amazing! He is way booked but is soooo worth the wait. I have never felt so good about my hair! Lifetime of wavy frizzy hair-he gave me a gorgeous layered, thinning cut and people complimented me left and right! It’s the same price as Goulds too. They are in midtown.
Ryan Patrick Salon
Inspire Salon & Spa
I use Jennifer at inspire salon and spa in collierville. Beautiful spa quite and relaxing. Jennifer did a amazing job on my cut and color these lady’s are the best kept secret in collierville defiantly worth the drive.
DiVa Colour Studio
If you are a grown up looking for grown up hair…i have the person for you! Sandra Mudd at Diva Colour Studio. I have been to many high-dollar salons in East Memphis…Pavo, Juve, Capelli, Ryan Patrick, Neuvo, etc. for the last 20 years. And I’m not afraid to pay $200-$300 a time for color and cut. But Sandra is, finally, the first person who really knows about color and cut, both! That is, I think, very hard to find. She is a true veteran. She even teaches at other salons about color. She books her own appts so you are never rushed. The studio is tasteful and peaceful. And Sandra is kind and very generous with her time and her talent. I also love that she will talk if I feel like it, or just let me chill quietly if that’s what I need. I would highly recommend her.
Stella Reed Salon
Zac Williams. If you are looking for a great color/highlight….. He is the ABSOLUTE BEST! I drive 2 1/2 hours to get him to do my hair, and I never have any complaints. He does awesome cuts and styles!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED