Covenant Methodist Preschool & PDO
There are no reviews yet.
I drive all the way from midtown to Cordova for Covenant Methodist because it is by far the best PDO I have seen! Two of my nephews finished the program and were, by far, way ahead of the rest of their class in kindergarten. Kindergarten was a review for them and “too easy” if you ask them! They are structured and the kids learn tremendously. My daughter just turned four and knows the alphabet, can recognize letters, write her name, recognizes all her numbers, can add, and even say the pledge of allegiance. They have different letters of the week that include themes and even snacks that go along with the letter! My daughter loves all the different days and themes because there is always something for her to look forward to! It’s such a great school and they truly care. Classes are small and the teachers have been there for years!
Covenant has a wonderful program! My son was in the PDO 2-year-olds class for the 2015-2016 school year. Everyone on staff is so caring and provides a nurturing, Christian environment for all of the children there. The teachers truly love what they do, and it shows. My son looked forward to going to school and learned so much in one year! The planned curriculum for the year is wonderful, and the music program is outstanding. I highly recommend this program!
Review of Covenant UMC Pre-School and Parents Day Out Program – Monday, June 13, 2016
I wish to write a review of the Covenant United Methodist Church Parents Day Out program and Pre-School. I’ve had two children and one grandchild go through the program, which comes to at least eight years of involvement.
Things with which I’m most impressed:
• The care of the teachers who have always provided a nurturing, clean atmosphere
• The quality programs – such as the many entities brought in from the outside to stimulate the imaginations and interest of the children in the world around us: pilots, medical personnel, firemen, animal handlers and their animals, nutrition experts, dental providers, and on
• I love their Christmas and end-of-the-year programs where the children sing and perform. (I have videos of when my children were here and now videos of my grandchildren.)
• The learning that takes place – my grandchild is ready for kindergarten with all the important basics necessary for a quality transition
• The pictures taken through the years documenting all the special things the children do in class each day
• The friendships both my children and grandchild developed with their peers as well as the new friendships that developed between parents as well as that of the grandparents
• The music program and music teacher – the children sing everyday and I love that, and the music teacher loves the children
• he church itself which offers extra-curricular activities such as soccer, of which many, in the classes, took advantage
It’s difficult really to know the impact a pre-school can have on one’s children, but I feel so blessed to have had my children/grandchild attend Covenant’s Pre-School and PDO. Never once were there complaints from mine about attending. This was always something to which mine looked forward. I just highly recommend this wonderful place for children to grow, learn and develop socially. I know those of my family, who did, had the best experience ever. We shall so miss next year apart from Covenant.
We love the staff at Covenant. My son has been going to their PDO from 8 weeks to 6 months. His teachers hold him and love on him and make me feel like he is safe and well cared for. My Mother-in-law who occasionally picks my son up just raves about how sweet the staff is and how much they love my son. I would recommend their program to anyone who wants a small scale, safe, and loving environment for their baby.
My oldest 2 went here and we loved it – excellent music program, especially! I would’ve given it 5 stars until my 3rd was in another program (our home church) – the academics were exceptional, although the arts program was less impressive.
I have 2 boys (now ages 3 ½ and 5 ½ years) who have gone through this program since they were in the Baby Room. We are so impressed with the sweet, nurturing teachers on staff. Because this is a smaller PDO program, you really get to know the whole staff and other families well. Although there is plenty of time for fun and play, there is also an embedded academic curriculum, starting as early as the 1s class! They emphasize teaching colors, shapes, numbers/counting, letters/pre-reading, and writing through fun, themed crafts, music, and stories. They perform adorable Christmas and spring programs and offer many opportunities throughout the year to get families involved with learning (Grandparents Day, Sack Lunch with Dad, Queen Tea with Mom, etc.). Perhaps most importantly, this educational environment has a Christian foundation. I highly recommend this program if you’re looking for these features!
My son has been going to Covenant for the past three years. He loves going there and has learned so much from the caring staff and teachers. They really are dedicated to their kids and making sure they learn and grow. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a program.