School is back in session. WOOOO!!!! Have you kicked back and relaxed a little? I actually felt like I was (gasp!) starting to get caught up yesterday! Is that even possible? If you’ve got little one’s in the house, now is a great time to get involved with a mom support group. Start your own neighborhood group, hook up with some moms from your PDO program, or join an established group. The East Memphis MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group has their first meeting of the school year on Monday. Info on them and other area groups is in this post.
Speaking of MOPS – the First Assembly Memphis MOPS could use some help. If your kids are grown up and you miss having little one’s around this is a great opportunity to get your “fix” – and it’s only once a month. They need volunteers to hold and interact with babies and toddlers while the moms get some much needed mom time at their monthly meetings (9:45am-12:15pm). Please Contact Erica Dugger at 901-497-7497 for more information.
The Pink Palace got a restaurant! Bella Caffe offers sandwiches, soups, salads and desserts. And coffee, including a drink called the Velvet Elvis. Has anyone been yet?
Agape North is kicking off the new school year by donating 1,500 uniforms to students in Memphis. For each of our shirts sold they will donate a uniform to students in need. You can read about their donation of 400 shirts to Corning Elementary in this CA article.
- Half-off a Edible Arrangements fruit flowers, exp. 11/4, not valid on holidays
- $29 for a one-hour massage in Memphis or Cordova, exp. 1/30
- Half-off airport parking at Park It Here, exp. 1/31
- $69 for a dental exam with cleaning and x-rays in Germantown, exp. 2/13
- Half-off food at Brad’s BBQ in Bartlett
- $26 for an all-day paintball pass with gear at Paintball Park in Lakeland, good for one year
- 4D Ultrasound with DVD at Ultraview Imaging