My husband and I picked the paint colors for our first home, and they came out great. It took a lot of trials to come up with the right shades though, and that got expensive after a while. In our second home we hired someone to walk through and suggest paint colors. I think it took him an hour. Based on our calculations we saved money hiring a professional, since we were not repeatedly buying small paint samples. It sure was a lot less frustrating too!
Here are some recommendations from the moms of East Memphis for people who can help with paint colors and decorative painting. If you just need a house painter check out this list.
- excellent decorator Sue Sneed cell #569-9733
- We use and love Jill Hertz: 901-767-8616
- Mary Hill Schroyer 216-4358. Awesome to work with, budget friendly choices for any budget.
- Lisa Hood at First Fruit Collection Home Furnishings & Accessories
- Heidi Dawson Interiors
- I’m a big fan of Ray & Baudoin Interior Design
- Me!!! Check out my Facebook page Jennifer Estes Interior Design
- Lindsay Barton: I am a residential interior designer and owner of L. Barton Interiors. I have over 10 years of design experience and have worked for several top design firms in Memphis. I would be happy to help you select paint colors! You can contact me at [email protected]
- Hope Wilkinson Design– she did some work on my sister’s last home and it was BEAUTIFUL!
- Gil Humphrey Designs
- Michael Taylor Interiors
Cindy Udell Interiors at 901-734-8800. Great decorating work both inside & outside the home, used for decorating for parties & holidays
Chestnut Hall Interiors in Germantown. All of their design team are wonderful and they also do lake houses and cabins.
- Yes! Allison Lawyer. 647-0744
- Yes, I have used Allison. And she is also a friend of mine so I have seen her work in other places as well. She’s amazing.
- Allison Furr Lawyer is a friend and artist as well. I second what Sam says about her. I Highly recommend her! She has done work for people in Oxford also
- Sarah Beth Cohen! she has pics on her fb page.
- I can second Sara Cohen.
- Judy Vandergrift=AMAZING. She has done tons of “Judyfying” in my house. 901-870-3123 [email protected]
- Judy did a FANTASTIC job at my house. I brought her in to paint one room…before the week was over, she ended up custom painting in 9 rooms. I loved her work and she is THAT good. Best of luck!