Have you been to a Redbirds game? My family has been a few times now. It’s really a fun night for families. There is always a promotion going on – from baby crawl races to fireworks (our favorite) – so check the schedule and plan accordingly.
As always, the moms have some helpful tips to share – and varying points of view. Some suggest buying tickets for The Bluff, so your kids can enjoy The Boardwalk – games, playground, rolling/sliding down the hill and more. Other parents suggest staying as far away from that area as possible. Here’s what they had to say:
- We always get seats but bring the kids hungry so the little one will sit and snack and watch. Be prepared to arrive late or leave early if you have little ones. On most Sunday games they let kids run the bases after the game, which is super cute. Club level seats may be worth it because the bathrooms are nicer
- bring cash for rides and rock wall etc…prepare to watch very little of the game!
- And be prepared to spend money on the games and bounce houses
- We’ve gone a few times with the toddler. Sit on the hill, bring your own toys and snacks, and be prepared to walk around. Maybe I gave birth to a baseball lover, but it wasn’t hard.
- The bluff is the only place to sit! Bring a big waterproof blanket to sit on and bring a towel or small blanket for the kids to sit on an be pulled down the hill when they get bored.
- I think it depends on what you want to do – if you sit on the bluff, it’s fun, yes. But you won’t watch much of the game & you’ll spend more $ on the games. I try to sit as far away from that as possible. Then I get there a little early, buy some tickets for them to play, and game time we are watching the game.
A few useful tidbits from the Redbirds site:
- Baby changing stations are located inside every family restroom at AutoZone Park. Please refer to the stadium map for family restroom locations.
- The Redbirds can help celebrate a birthday or anniversary by displaying the occasion on our state-of-the-art videoboard (located just above the center field wall) during the game. For more information about birthday, anniversary and other celebratory messages please call (901) 722-0236 or see a Redbirds representative at the FansFirst kiosk.
- Children two (2) years of age and under do not need a ticket for entry into AutoZone Park. However, they must sit on the lap of an accompanying adult.
- Guests are not allowed to bring any outside food or drink items into AutoZone Park. However, patrons are permitted to bring certain food or drink with them for specific medical conditions.
- Kids 12 and under can register to be a member of Rockey’s Kids Club. Register online or at the FansFirst kiosk.
- The Bluff: Guests are permitted to bring towels and blankets for use in this area; however, lawn chairs, beach style chairs, chaise lounges, and lounge style chairs will not be permitted. Umbrellas may be used to provide shade in the lawn area, however in consideration of the safety and sight lines of others; we ask that guests using umbrellas sit in the upper portion of the lawn areas. In the event that an umbrella interferes with the view of another guest, you will be asked to close the umbrella. The Redbirds reserve the right to refuse any chair or umbrella deemed inappropriate due to size or otherwise.
- You can hold a kid birthday party during a game
200 Union Avenue