A mom asked: “Would anyone like to recommend me a spit fire family law attorney for the Memphis area? Female preferably but at this point I just need someone willing to fight hard for my little girl.” We got a lot of great responses, with several people chiming in to “second” and “third” the recommendations of others.
- Check out Forensic & Valuations Services and read some of the articles posted on this website. I know some of the articles will assist you in formulating questions/thoughts/concerns before you meet with any family law attorney.
- Online TN Justice – We do not represent clients, but we answer people’s questions about their matters.
- Justice for All – legal and other assistance in Shelby County
- Parents who need child support can get FREE representation, provided by the State. They just need to go to the child support office, 3915 South Mendenhall Road Memphis, TN 38115 (901) 432-6800
- Shelby County Child Support Assistance Phone: (901) 432-6700
- One Saturday per month, volunteer lawyers assist clients at a Legal Clinic. Here is a link to the information about that clinic.
- Leslie Gattas Coleman!
- Dorothy Pounders
- I also second Dorothy Pounders. She us excellent as well.
She’s an awesome attorney for any mom or dad. Plus, she’s a mom herself so she gets it!
Butler Sevier Hinsley & Reid
Lara Butler and her whole team are top notch, “spit fire” is their middle name.Cannot say enough positive things about Anne Johnson Meade! A mom to a little girl herself, she really seems to get what we are going through and fights with determination and care for our best interests. I have recently moved from Memphis but still stay in contact with her. She’s THAT good. (901)277-8892
- Lucie Brackin at Lander’s Firm-pretty sure the whole firm is female and pretty sure “spit fire” is a requirement for all that work there!
- Ashley Martin is the woman for you! I could not recommend anyone more
My husband (Blake Bourland) works for Evans Petree. His law partner Caren Nichol is awesome.
Burch, Porter & Johnson
Scott Crosby is an awesome attorney. He was just voted best in Memphis magazine poll. “spit fire” would definitely describe him! He works for Burch, Porter and Johnson. They’re in phone book. My husband, who is also an attorney would rec him too!
Mitzi C. Johnson
Mitzi Johnson in Collierville is awesome, that’s who I am using
Beth Yarbourgh is a straight shooter.
Chastain & Campbell
Autumn Chastain has represented multiple members of our family in divorce, child support, and even our teen who got in a little trouble. She has a kind hand with her clients, but strength and respect in the courtroom.
Rice, Amundsen & Caperton
If you don’t mind using a guy, Nick Rice is an amazing attorney. He helped me gain custody of my nephew. He is at Rice, Amundsen & Caperton. Jennifer Bellott is at Rice Amundsen & Caperton, too. She’s an incredible attorney as well.
Miles Mason Family Law Group
I hired Miles Mason and he is really great!