Interested in a family camping trip? Check these places out!
View Family Camping Destinations in a larger map
- Chickasaw and Natchez Trace State Parks in West TN — both have good playgrounds and fishing in addition to camping.
- Chickasaw State Park and bike riding/picnic at Pinson Mounds.
- We’re headed to Land Between the Lakes in a few weeks. though technically, i think it’s 3.5 hours from here.
- Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park in Millington
- Fort Pillow State Park
- Jellystone Park in Mississippi
- Wall Doxey State Park in Holly Springs, MS is only 45 min away
- Wall Doxey Holly Springs, MS. Only about 30 min from Ms. Great hiking, clean restrooms and showers, and super cheap. They also gave us a Military discount:)
- DeGray State Park in Arkansas is really nice! Easy drive…less than 3hrs away, on the other side of Little Rock.
- Hot Springs
- Heber Springs
- JFK Campground at Heber Springs
- Petit Jean State Park
- Southfork Resort
- I went to Mountain View, AR. Stayed in cabin. 4 year old went fishing. 2 year old went to Pioneer Village at the Ozark Folk Center. And cave tours. Pretty nice.
- Mountain Harbor Resort & Spa – We went to this place a few years ago for a girls getaway. It has something for everyone.
- Village Creek in Wynne, AR!! Just 45 minutes away.
- We love to go to Blanchard Caverns over in Mountain View (not home) Arkansas
They have caves,hiking, fishing, sight seeing and plenty of shopping (antique and kitch) in town
- Caddo River in Glenwood, AR is our favorite place. Clean restrooms and showers, kayaking, tubing and canoeing. There is a small waterfall that runs down on a portion of the campsite and we love using that spot. Not too far from Hot Springs. Go to the Diamond Park where you can dig for diamonds!
Meramec Station Park in Sullivan, MO
Dismals Canyon. Its less than three hours away from Memphis.